|Using a combination of rigorous analysis and insight from our experience, we work with corporate and business unit levels to develop and execute strategies.|
Strategy fundamentally relates to deciding where the company wants to be and developing a plan of how to get there. This requires a mixture of intuitive insight and fact-based analysis while considering multiple time horizons. Strategies need to be developed at both the Corporate and Business Unit levels. Ultimately strategy is only as good as an organisation’s ability to implement it successfully.
Successful strategies typically have the following attributes:
- A vision on which the strategy is based that can be articulated and is known at all levels of the business
- The strategy is multi-dimensional and covers a number of time horizons
- Allows space for changes in direction under certain circumstances
- The Senior Management Team are aligned and building blocks are put in place to ensure success
- The strategy is regularly reviewed, tracked, discussed and adjusted where necessary
Momentum assists companies to develop strategy at both the corporate and business unit level through a range of services:
- Scenario planning. Scenario analysis allows companies to prepare for a range of ‘future worlds’ associated with uncertainty relating to key external variables such as geo-politics and technology. It stretches companies’ thinking and through creating a range of responses under different scenarios, keeps its strategy fluid and dynamic in the changing world.
- Strategy development. Winning strategies are based not only on intuitive insight but also rigorous fact-based analysis. Strategy development involves analysing the external environment, reviewing internal capabilities, developing strategic options, prioritising those options, and developing an implementation plan.
- Strategy implementation. A strategy ultimately is only as effective as a company’s ability to implement it effectively. Momentum assists companies implement their strategies irrespective of whether we have developed the strategy or someone else. Our approach to implementation includes preparing resources, organisational structures and accountabilities, tracking and reporting, and communications and change management.
- Workshops. Momentum offers a range of workshops to assists companies to develop their visions and values, strategies and options under various scenarios and horizons, and organisational surveys. These workshops effectively engage both Board and Senior Management Teams to develop aligned strategies.